Friday, March 2, 2018

Weekly Reads (03/02/18)



I really can't believe it's March already and I can say that overall, February was a heck of a month so good riddance!  I will say that this last week has been much better so there is that.  The neighbors have been hiding out or staying somewhere else - who knows, who cares, as long as I don't see them!

Some of our favorite shows have started back up now that the Olympics is gone. I am still loving "Bellevue" even if Anna Pacquin does grate my nerves at times.  I'm not sure why Vampire Bill real life married her because she kind of sounds like she's in permanent whine mode but to each his own.  We stated watching "Chi" on Showtime and it's decent and "Riverdale" starts up again next week and has a few episodes to redeem itself before the season ends.  We rented "Happy Death Day" out of desperation and I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it.  We also watched a foreign zombie movie called "The Cured" which was a waste of our time.  Usually foreign horror films are pretty good but this one apparently didn't get that memo.

Booker T and Cass are doing well.  They've been getting outside a tad more in between the rain and they got to spend one morning this week with Dad because he didn't go in until 12pm. They love their alone time with Dad.  

So I REALLY craving some horror reads and hope to make time for one or two this coming week.  Plus, my library just got Hoopa so I've been checking out what is newly available (like I need more choices).  I am over half done with "The Boy Who Swallows Flies" or as I affectionately call it - Bug Boy.  Hey, he's eating buys so he can locate a hidden puppy mill and save the puppies.  It has me written all over it.  I did read the first chapter of "Snowblind" the other night and I'm already hooked.  Finally, I've heard AWESOME things about "The Hunger" so I want to read it as soon as possible.



I've been on a real music kick lately so I wanted to share another favorite song I've recently rediscovered.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and week ahead and thanks again for making The Farm one of your regular stops - the boys and I appreciate you tremendously!


16 comments:

  1. I just finished The Hunger myself, and I loved it! However, there is a small scene involving a dog in the book that might upset you though, from reading some of your past reviews, I know you like to be warned about these things.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, if I'm warned, I'll be okay. It's when it sneaks up on me or totally overwhelms the book that I find it hard to handle. Thanks for the warning!

      Delete
    2. It's a very small part. It caught me by surprise but the story moved on quickly.

      Delete
  2. This is the coldest start to March here that I can remember! Snow is piled up everywhere and the howling winds are making it feel ten times worse! Even indoors, in front of the fire, I'm cold! Just as well that I have some good monster books to cheer me up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, monsters are awesome when you are cold. Maybe you can even find some warm fuzzy ones to cuddle with. Our first two weeks of January were FRIGID - I do not do well with single-digit temps. Stay warm and read on. The boys will send you some of their blankets if you need them (seriously, they each have about 5).

      Delete
  3. I'll be interested to hear your reaction to The Hunger! Im busy all weekend with my daughter's last pop show so my reading/blogging time is sucking right now😐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids will do that but enjoy it while you can :)

      Delete
  4. I'm also excited to have more time to watch shows now that I don't have the Olympics in the background all the time. I'm hoping to get some more reading done, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't watch much of the Olympics but I did follow the results each day.

      Delete
  5. I cannot wait to see what you think of The Hunger!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that the neighbors are keeping to themselves this week. I am amazed by how many movies you are able to fit in. I can't remember the last movie I sat down to watch and I am terrible at keeping up with TV. I am so tempted by The Hunger. I will probably have to add that one to the tbr pile. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We make a point to watch a movie at least every Tuesday, when new releases come out. We end up watching more this time of year because there's no football on :)

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear those monsters of a neighbours you have have stayed out of your way! hahaha you made me laugh! Anna Pacquin does sounds like she's in permanent whine mode! Glad to hear about "Happy Death Day" I've been hesitant about renting it. I'm not quite craving horror horror but some ghostly stories! I'm starting The Broken Girls this week which is supposed to be ghostly and creepy. I'll let you know how it goes. I think it is still on Net Galley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I have a copy of Beautiful Broken Girls as well.

      Delete
  8. I really need to pick up a copy of The Hunger as well. I've only seen great things about it!

    ReplyDelete