Saturday, December 30, 2017

Swords & Stars Reading Challenge


Since I am trying a few new challenges, I think I've picked my last one.  Other than the ones that run at specific times.  So in other words, my last year-long challenge.  I'll do a recap in my first Musts & Mights post (of course I think I also have to do my Cloak & Dagger sign-up - I always forget since I'm co-hosting).

Also, don't forget I'm doing a Puppy Love Challenge here during the month of February so keep your eyes open.  

Anyway, here's the rules for this one.  Head over to MsNoseinaBook if you want to join in.

The purpose of this challenge is to celebrate the Science Fiction and Fantasy genres. This challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st (midnight). There will be a giveaway at the end of the year. There will be two winners. The prize for both is a $25 gift card through Amazon. This will be a random drawing. In order to qualify you must have met all challenges. The rules are as follows:
The Goal of this challenge is to read one book that matches up with each one of the challenges.
You must create a sign up post and link it up below so I and anyone else can follow your adventure. I’ll be providing monthly link ups as well as a Wrap-Up post link up so we can all check out reviews and find some new books. If you do not have a blog, you can link up your Goodreads review.
Please sign up via the Mr. Linky below. You can sign up anytime up to December 31st. Books count as long as they are read in 2018. This can be any format (print, audiobook, etc) and any page length other than specified in the challenges.
There are twenty challenges. All must be met in order to qualify for the giveaway at the end of the year.
Books read for other challenges definitely do qualify for this challenge. In fact, it is encouraged! All books must be of the Science Fiction or Fantasy genres.
Please use #SwordsnStars for Social Media Updates
1) Read a book with Dragons in it
2) Read a book over 500 pages
3) Read an SFF novella
4) Read a first book in a series
5) Read a Science Fiction classic
6) Read a Fantasy classic
7) Read a book whose title matches the first letter of your last name
8) Read a book that has a weapon on the cover
9) Read a book that has a Spaceship on the cover
10) Read a book that has been adapted
11) Read a book with time travel in it
12) Read a book that has been on your TBR shelf for over 2 years
13) Read a book whose cover has stars in it or whose title has any variation of the word star in it
14) Read a book with magical realism in it
15) Read an SFF graphic novel
16) Read a Sequel
17) Read a diverse SFF book
18) Read a Random SFF book – your pick!
19) Read a fantasy book inspired by another story, fairytale, myth etc.
20) Read a book with a map

So there you have it - it looks fun and a tad bit challenging...but I guess that's the point :)

7 comments:

  1. I'll be keeping my eyes open for puppy love when it comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are planning on participating.

      Delete
  2. Puppy Love sure does show up a lot in this post. LOL Must check it out. And I felt similar about Hunter's Orcas. It didn't really feel like his writing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope I can do it. I keep saying I want to read more fantasy and science fiction.

      Delete
  4. Great answers, I love how we enjoy the same genres but only have one book in common on our answers. :)

    ReplyDelete