Saturday, February 27, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (53)

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page. 

Yippee!!!! February is almost done.  I know that is basically pretty sad, but I had a lot of work-related traveling this month which really ate into the personal time.  On the plus side though, we did have Valentine's Day and The Walking Dead mid-season premier so it wasn't all bad.  I visited the library this week and obtained some ARCS and freebies so let's get started.

From the library: 


The Killing Jar Barsk Harley Quinn Vol 3 Spider Gwen

I hope Barsk doesn't end up being another strange trip to a Night-Vale like place where nothing makes sense and I can't stand the trip. Anybody read it? It's published by Tor, with whom I usually have good luck.

I grabbed the following for free from Amazon:

A Place to Call Home Truly, Madly, Deeply The Dog that Laid Eggs Crushed

And I snagged the following ARCS which I am excited to have and am as always, grateful to the authors, publishers and book sites!

Wink Poppy Midnight The Binding The Thing Is And I Darken
Mean Sisters The Salty Dog Lottery Boy The Loney

My readers must really think I am all over the place with my reading habits. What can I say? I love variety and hate to get stuck in a genre, even though I do have my favorites. This haul covers a lot - dogs, horror, graphic novels, young adult and just plain odd. I can't wait to get to Wink, Poppy, Midnight and And I Darken as those are two I am super excited for.

I also won a giveaway from Shaunesay from The Space Between.  Thanks so much!

Traitor's Masque


What did you get this week?  Let me know where I can check out your new hauls.  And if you recommend any of these, let me know which ones! 

 

5 comments:

  1. I used to read a ton of young adult books but I've went right off teen angst, love triangles and instaluv which seemed to be in every one of them! I'm happily plodding along with my preppers and zombies! It can be nice to have mixed tastes though so I hope you have lots of fun with your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your schedule calms down for you. February has been a pretty busy month for me as well. Great books this week! I added Wink Poppy Midnight this week as well and am really excited to read that one. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious about Wink Poppy Midnight! :) Enjoy all those good reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I really want to read a Harley Quinn comic, she looks like such an interesting character! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Wink Poppy Midnight. It was so different from anything I've read before. The Killing Jar looks really interesting. Hope you love all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete