Friday, June 26, 2015

The Saga of Rex - One Cute Fox!

TITLE: The Saga of Rex (Graphic Novel)
AUTHOR: Michael Gagne
PUBLISHER: Image Comics
PUBLISHING DATE: November 2, 2010

FROM GOODREADS: A little fox named Rex is plucked from his home world by a mysterious spaceship and transported to the arcane world of Edernia, where he meets Aven, an enigmatic biomorph with a flying saucer. Follow his epic journey as he travels through outer-worldly landscapes, faces strange perils, and makes surprising encounters.

MY THOUGHTS:  I really wanted to like this graphic novel and heard lots of good things on booktube, so I was quick to pick up a copy. The best way I can describe this book is whimsical. Rex is an adorable fox. In fact, I couldn't help but think what an adorable tattoo Rex would make. Rex runs across a flying saucer and goes on adventures traveling to different worlds and meeting different entities. There is little text in the book and while the artwork is nice, it just wasn't enough to hold my attention. I did enjoy the section where Rex meets his soulmate, a magical blue fox, but other than that, not a lot stood out for me in the book. I would advise against purchasing this book unless you either collect graphic novels, or have already seen it and think it might be a good investment for you. I am glad I read it, but not necessarily glad I own it.  

MY RATING: 3 PAWS









COYER SCAVENGER HUNT #55 - Read a book featuring an animal prominently in the story.

3 comments:

  1. This looks so incredibly adorable! I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy it that much. I may have to check to see if my library has this available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the library has it, it would be a great way to get it. Graphic novels are so expensive I try to stay away from purchasing them as much as I can, especially since most are so quick to read.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you didn't like it, the little fox is adorable he reminds me of a Pokemon character. I have yet to read a Graphic Novel but I might have to check them out soon since I think they would be something my son would like. Great review sorry again it didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete