Friday, February 6, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (3)



Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!  The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.



This was a minimal week at the farm, or at least there are fewer books than last week - I think?  I guess it was a good idea to stay away from the library this week which definitely helped.  I only purchased one physical copy and the rest landed on my Kindle.

Physical copy:


The One and Only Ivan: Katherine Applegate -  I saw this at Walmart and grabbed it because I have always been interested in checking it out.  And I don't know if all Walmarts are like this, but at mine, you can pretty much guarantee that the same things will not be there at your next visit, whether it is the next day, next week, or next month.  Must be a quantum physics theory of Walmart or something in my area. 

On my Kindle:
The Midnight Dog The Short Life of Sparrows The Mermaid's Sister The Dead Key

The Midnight Dog of the Repo Man: W. Bruce Cameron - Stumbled on this novella accidentally and picked it up because I checked out the new novel from the library and read this was a good intro to the characters.  I already read this and can tell I am in for a wonderful ride this weekend when I start The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man.
The Short Life of Sparrows:Emm Cole - Found this one for free and couldn't pass it up.
The Mermaid's Sister: Carrie Anne Noble - Free Kindle First offer for February.
The Dead Key: D.M. Pulley - A second Kindle First free offer for this month.  Don't know if they are offering 2 each month now instead of 1, but it is definitely a nice perk to being a Prime member.

From Netgalley:


Cleo The Blood Dimmed Tide Claimed The Infinite

Cleo: Lucy Coats
The Blood Dimmed Tide: Anthony Quinn
Claimed (Servants of Fate #2): Sarah Fine
The Infinite: Lori M. Lee

 And from The Books Machine for review (a division of Amazon)
The Forever Girl Embrace

The Forever Girl: Rebecca Hamilton
Embrace: Cherie Colyer

I want to thank both authors for sending these to me.  What did you guys get this past week?  Have you read any of these?  As usual, the title will take you to the Goodreads descriptions.  Have a great weekend everybody.



PS - Booker T and Cassius say hello and are preparing for the new episode of The Walking Dead Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I got The Mermaid's Sister, too. Fingers crossed. As always! :)

    ReplyDelete